Anyway, we were scrambling to know what to do for dinner, we finally found a friend who had power and took our frozen pizza's over there. Monday we were able to get ahold of 4 bags of ice and save some of our regrigerated things. My mom came over Monday night for a cookout of all our meat that was going to go bad.
Tuesday our power came back on! I had no idea how lucky we were until I found out we were some of the first to get our power back on. My parents didn't get theirs back until Sunday night a week later and 2 of my friends just got power back on 2 days ago - a total of 9 days without power! So, anyway things seem back to normal now and we are so thankful that we are safe. Here are some pictures of the storm.
This is the view looking off our porch when the storm started - I thought there was a lot of debris in our yard!
This was an hour later!
This is our next door neighbor on one side
This is 3 houses down from us
More trees down
the debris pile in front of our house.
3 comments:
It seems like a dream now. But things could have been MUCH worse. We can be SO thankful!
Wow, amazing pictures. We are glad the Lord kept the Ross family safe and sound. Can you imagine what it was like in the "olden days" with no power? I know I can't!
Love,
The Blackfords
Yea, I definitely can't imagine what it was like without power, or for amish who still don't use power! I like my conveniences :-)
Post a Comment