I got 1:40:26 which is a 7:40 pace.
I got 6th place out of 166 in my age category and 156th out of 2,500 in the whole race.
It was a really hilly race, but a lot of fun. They had plenty of water/gatorade stops and they even passed out gels, bananas and oranges.
I actually ran the entire race with only about 5 swigs of Gatorade. I figured out that it's too hard to chew and run hard at the same time, and I couldn't get the gel open, so I just settled for a few swigs of gatorade. Maybe I could have broken 1:40 if I had been able to eat something.
Here's my friend Becca and I - this race marks our running together for 20 years!
upcoming races - a 5K on Oct. 28th and a 5 miler on Thanksgiving day.
No comments:
Post a Comment