Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy weekend

We packed as much as we could into labor day weekend, and had so much fun doing it!!

Here's a rundown of the events:

it all started on Friday when my mom, myself, Esther and Luke went to the John McCain Rally right here in the area. We walked over to the arena (which held 15,000 people that day) from McDonalds across the street because the traffic was so crazy. When we got to the arena, there was about a half mile long line to get in! It could have been very frustrating with all the lines and people and everything, but I saw it as encouraging that we had to many McCain supporters here locally!
The doors opened at 9, but the program wasn't to start until 11 and we figured McCain wouldn't speak until 12. So, we got there at 10 because I didn't know how the kids would do for such a long time. Well, we should have gotten there a little earlier because I think my mom and I got the last seats in the whole place, and they weren't together. So, she took Esther and I took Luke. I kept him busy with snack for the first hour and a half, but after that he had had it.
It was so awesome to be there when he made his VP announcment and we were the first to hear her speak! .
Here is a picture of all the news vans lined up while we were waiting to go in.


Just a sign at the rally


My mom and I couldn't sit together, but at least we got seats, which is more than I can say for a lot of others who were standing in the hall. Anyway, Luke did really well until the last 10 minutes.

Here is the view from where we were sitting.


Here is McCain and his family while he was talking.


Here is Sarah Palin speaking



On Saturday, My sister Sarah, her husband Anthony and daughter Addie came and we all went boating. Sarah and I tried knee boarding and we are so sore now! Then in the evening we went to a surprise party that I threw for my mom at Tumbleweed Southwest grill - she is turning 60! It was mostly family (my 2 sisters and their families, My mom's sister and brother, her parents, and one of our cousins) and just a few friends - I think we had 23 people there.

Here is LUke and his cousin Addie


Rachel and Esther


Mom, Addie and Esther


Grandma opening her presents


The Miller girls


The Miller family


Grandpa with Addie And ESther


On Sunday we went boating again, this time with my best friend and her son. The weather was absolutely perfect for boating the entire weekend! I didn't get any pictures though.


On Monday we went to a local parade right down the street from us and it was really good!
Here's some pictures of the parade









Right after the parade, we went to chick fil a because on labor day they were giving away a 3 piece chicken strips (which are amazing by the way) to anyone who had a sports team shirt on. So, we all went in with our Ohio State and Gator shirts, and ended up with enough food for Tuesday's lunch also! I figured out that we got 16.00 of food for free, now that's a good day.

Monday evening we went to our nieces birthday party - one turned 6 and one turned 3


Luke found something to occupy himself



Esther loved playing with Karis' recorder that she got


One of my sister's famous cakes! She always makes fabulous cakes, but this one topped them all (at least for size). I think she said it was the same size as Karis!


Esther loved riding the girls bikes


Thelma and Louise, I mean Esther and Rachel in the little jeep that the girls got for their birthday

It was an exhausting weekend , but so much fun!

1 comment:

Charity said...

wow, you guys did have a crazy weekend. I love the picture of Rachel and Esther in the jeep!