Thursday, April 9, 2009

Princess party

On Saturday we had Esther's 4th birthday party - a princess party! This was her first friend party and I think maybe the last (just kidding). It actually went very well despite many setbacks during the week leading up to it: My sister who was supposed to help me was in the hospital, Kenneth woke up very sick on Saturday (he was supposed to take Luke during the party and help some), and Esther got really sick the night before .
But despite all those things, the weather was absolutely perfect and my mom helped me a ton which is the only way I pulled the whole thing off. Esther felt fine by morning also.
She invited 2 of her cousins and 5 friends from church and gymnastics.

Before becoming a princess:
My little blond snow white
Her fabulous shoes! (I got them at a party store for $2.00!)
The wonderful cake that Kenneth made despite feeling horrible all week because of getting his wisdom teeth out.
Esther and her 2 cousins - Karis and Rachel


Grandma playing London Bridge with the girls before the party started
walking on the red carpet and being introduced as "princess Esther"
All the little princesses!
We went outside and played a game first - the girls had to search all over the yard for glass slippers, rings and bracelets that I hid
My neighbor let me borrow their jumping thing and all the girls had a blast in there
opening presents sitting next to her friend Molly

After the presents, Esther gave each princess a hug thank you

Blowing out her 4 candles
Eating their cake and ice cream outside on a blanket- Hadleigh, Esther, Rylie and Rachel
At the end we painted finger nails and my friend becca came over and painted tiera's on their foreheads
Happy Birthday Esther!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I want copies of some of these pics!!