This is going to be another mish mash of a blog - just what we've been up to the past couple weeks.
The last week in January we got a small blizzard with some freezing rain, then about 6 inches of snow on top of that. the kids and I went out to play while it was still snowing. I hope these are the last of our snow pictures for the year!

You can see how much it was snowing!

Esther liked to pull the sled and be pulled on the sled - Esther actually went for real sledding at the golf course a couple days after it snowed and she loved it!

LUke just wanted to walk in the snow. He wanted nothing to do with any sled!

After playing in the snow, Esther started dancing on a kitchen stool in her pirate princess dress - it was so cute and funny.

For the superbowl, we had a party at our house and one of Esther's best friends came over - Brinley

Daddy reading to Luke

The last weekend in January, I went on a ladies retreat with my church. Here are some pictures from that.
I sang a special music number for one of the sessions

My table the first night we were there

The theme of this retreat was "Make me a Masterpiece", so it was all about art. They displayed a lot of different art pieces and 2 of my cross stitches were included - on the left is my Noah's ark cross stitch.

My Victorian Lady cross stitch in the back right.

My roommates - Becky and Melissa

Our speaker was an artist and she had us all work on this painting during the weekend - it is going to hang up in our church somewhere. I actually did 2 sections.

Here's a video of Luke and Esther singing their favorite song "Sunshine" from a CD they got for Christmas. Whenever we get in the car Luke will say "sunshine"! because he wants to hear the song.
2 comments:
Dan and I had brunch with your family while you were gone. The kids were fine but I had to tell Kenneth to stop throwing food and sit down.....
Chris
I hear you Chris - I have to do the same a lot of the time. :-) Glad the kids were good
Post a Comment