Luke had his 15 month checkup on Monday, and I was really hoping for 20 lbs. He has been ahead of where Esther was at each checkup by just a little. So, I was really going for that 20 lbs. Esther was 19.1 lbs at 15 months. But, he was 19 even!
He did have the stomach flu for a week in April, so that was part of it. But, I just can't believe how my kids do not put weight on! It's no wonder with how active they are and how many calories they burn every day. He is 50th % for height, and his head is growing too, but off the charts for weight now. oh well. Esther re-entered the %tile charts for weight at 3 years after not being on for over 2 years, so maybe Luke will do the same thing.
Esther and Luke weigh so little, but when the doctor comes in the room, they see why. At about 9 months, the munchkins are running around the room, trying to climb onto everything. This time, Luke got up on the little stool they use, and jumped off, right in front of the doctor, just as I was saying that he jumps now.
The doctors are always amazed at how Esther and Luke are so far ahead of where they should be developmentally, mentally and in every other area they have on their checklist.
At 15 months Luke can walk, run, jump, kick a soccer ball, throw any kind of ball, climb, go down stairs, climb up stairs, and feed himself with a spoon most of the time. So he might be small, but he is 19 lbs. of straight muscle and determination. i can tell that he won't let any obstacle in life stop him. Even his small stature.
Just yesterday he climbed up to the top of the couch in order to see out the window. Then when he was done, he jumped down onto the couch, then jumped onto the floor. He did fall, but it didn't bother him at all. I'm really going to have to watch him, because nothing scares him.
I'm supposed to feed him lots of peanut butter and calorie dense foods, and I have to go back for a weight check in a month. So, officially he should still be in a backward facing carseat (they're supposed to be 20 lbs. and 1 year), but he's been in the forward facing one since 11 months. If I waited until my kids were 20 lbs., they would be 18 months to 2 years before they hit that milestone!
Here are some pictures and 2 videos of my little firecracker.
4 comments:
Good title! He really is a little firecracker! I know you worried with Esther about the weight thing but now you know it's just your kids and the reason they are OFF the charts is because so many are overweight or obese at that age. Keep up the good work.
mm
He's such a cutie-pie! Don't feel too bad about the weight thing; kids are supposed to be able to sit in a booster instead of a car seat when they're 4 years old or 40 lbs. Rachel is almost 6, and I just can't seem to get her past the 37 lb. mark. So I'm pretty sure she's going to have to ride to her senior prom in a booster seat.
That's hilarious! oh yea, Esther is 3 now and she only weighs 26 lbs. So, she'll be in her car seat forever! Then again, if they had the same rules when we were little, I would have been in a booster for my senior prom. :-)
I just showed the videos to Karis and Malachi - they both worked and were very cute. :-)
Post a Comment