Monday, May 12, 2008

Girls Day out

For Christmas, Kenenth got my sisters and I a pedicure and manicure, with the intention of giving all of us a girls day out where all 3 of us would get pampered a little, eat lunch out and then shop - all without kids.

Kenneth and I wanted to do this because all 3 of us girls had a baby in 2007 and we all stay at home with our children, so we deserve a little pampering. And it worked out perfectly that we did it on Mother's day weekend!

We had a wonderful time, except for Charity who basically had a chinese torture session. Her manicurist was really rough and even made her finger bleed. She was a really good sport though, probably because even with the torture it was nice to have a few moment of peace without her 4 kids for a few hours. Plus we all got leg massages, and our chairs even had massagers in them.

We had lunch at Panera and then shopped a little and found a few deals.

I hope it's not years until we do this again - not necessarily get pedicures and manicures, but just hang out as women and sister's, without screaming children pulling at us. Whenever we are together at holidays or family gatherings, there are 7 children between us, so we don't ever get to just talk or hang out. Anyway, I'm so glad we did this and I hope to do something again sometime!

oh ya, now that we all got beautiful pedicures, it's too cold today to wear sandals :-(


Here we all are soaking our feet in the bubbling blue water.



Now we all have our toe separaters in and beautiful foam sandals.


After a little bit of shopping

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great for you to have this blog! And I am honored to be the first to comment. So glad you and your sisters get along. So many women I know have difficult relationships with their sisters. Both entries look really nice. GREAT JOB!!

mm

Anonymous said...

By the way, are there supposed to be 3 photos? I'm only seeing 2...the first and the last. It seems the middle one is hiding.

mm

shoemama said...

yes, there's supposed to be 3, I don't know why it's not showing up.

Charity said...

Wow, how crazy is it that I'm the tall one of the three of us??! :-) I think we need to make this an annual tradition . . .

shoemama said...

yes, an annual tradition sounds great! I think we should try facials at a spa next time. That would be something different to try, plus it could make us look younger :-)

Anonymous said...

Or you could do Mary Kay microdermabrasion plus!!!!

guess who?