I'll start out by saying that for Mother's day, all I wanted was a picture with both of my kids that I could frame.
Well, that didn't happen.
We got a good one with Esther that I might frame, but Luke was just grumpy and he did not want to take a picture. I haven't gotten a good picture of both kids since father's day last year! Even at a professional studio! they are both usually going different directions and you get the back of one's head or something.
I have an "I love mommy" picture frame and I swear someday I will get a good picture of me with both kids that I can put in the frame! (by good I mean both kids looking in the general direction of the camera and not crying - I might have to photo shop someone's face in, but oh well, whatever it takes).
So, which picture is better of me with the kids?
This one?
Or this one?
It actually was a good day even though I didn't get the picture I wanted. Kenneth got up and made me pancakes and sausage before church, which was wonderful. After church we went to a picnic at My friend Becca's house, and that was a lot of fun. So, it was a good day overall.
I'll close with the lines from a card I got for Mother's day:
"The most important job in the world doesn't offer an hourly wage or days off or paid vacations. But it does offer real feelings, shining faces, bedtime stories, small victories, priceless memories, and many wonderful moments of joy. Always remember there's no more important job in this world than the one you do every day with all your heart."
Happy Mother's day!
2 comments:
I think I like the 1st one of you and the 2nd one of the kids better but you are right, they aren't the best pictures of your kids. Esther and Lukas are moving targets and hard to catch! Glad you had a happy mother's day. Doin' a great job! And I agree with the lines from the card! mom
You need to visit Portrait Avenue!
Post a Comment