Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lou Cox

the Monday of Memorial Day weekend, we went to the annual Lou Cox 5K run held at UD arena. This is my favorite 5K race every year and I wasn't able to run because of being pregnant. However, we went to cheer on some friends and to let Esther and Luke run the kids fun run.
We had such a fun time there and it was cool to see the first place person come in - with a time of 14:53!

So, here are some pictures from the day.

Esther and Luke both loved the balance beam on the field.
Luke was contemplating whether he wanted to do the kids run or the whole 5K!
The kids lined up at the start line for the kids fun run
Esther finishing the race!
Luke finishing the race - he beat his friend Eli!
Luke and Esther showing their medals - Esther's friend Hadleigh from church is beside her
Eli, Luke and Esther during the race. Esther and Luke just loved running around the track, I think they did it about 3 times while we were waiting for the finishers to arrive. Esther just wanted to keep running and running and running - she has a lot of endurance for a 4 year old.
Eli and Luke holding hands after the race.
Esther and her friend Hadleigh after the race
This race taught me that I have 2 little runners on my hands (they both loved the race)- sounds great to me!! Can't wait till I can do a 5K with them.

1 comment:

Jon's Supercutie said...

How cute!! Eliana loves to run too! I can't wait to let her do a kids fun run! She loves to run around our neighborhood, which is quite hilly, but she does great! How fun to be able to share our love with our kids!:)