She had such a good time and she was so excited because she got to take her own snacks, her baby doll, and her jacket. She was such a big girl.
On the 4th, I ran a 5K race that was a lot of fun because I saw about 20 people from my church that were running it also. I got a time of 21:46 (7 sec. slower than my best), which wasn't too bad considering I am training for a half marathon. I ran 7 miles two days before and I had to run 8 miles the day after. I got 5th place in my age category (30-34) out of 55 and I got 129th place out of 1,098 runners. I ran it with my friend Becca of course and we saw our old high school track coach there also. He just looked at us and said "oh my goodness, you 2 are still running together?"
It started raining just as we were leaving the race, we had to hurry and get home and shower and change because we wanted to go back to the parade with our families. Well, it was raining harder and harder, but we went anyway. It basically rained the entire time and it was chilly too, but the kids loved it. I tried to keep them as dry as possible, but they did get a little wet. The parade was about an hour long, and the rain was tapering off by the time we left.
Here they are waving to the firemen.
Becca, her mom, Eli, Esther and Luke
The night of the 4th, we went to our City's fireworks with Becca, Nate and Eli. Esther and I missed the first 5 mintues because we were trying to find a bathroom that we could get into. oh well.
Luke dumped the whole bag of snacks in his lap.
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Were you on a corner where the parade turned? Looks like they both pooped out by the end. mm
I love the pic of Esther - she looks so grown up!
I was looking through some old video footage of Rachel when she was about 2 1/2, and she talked & acted just like Esther! Funny.
That is funny. I know, Esther reminds me so much of RAchel!
Post a Comment